Imago Dei Prison Ministry is committed to equipping prisoners to unlock and live in their God given potential, set free from their past and knowing their true identity in Christ.
We believe that God created mankind in his image and gave every person on earth unique gifts, talents, skills and purpose.
Genesis 1:27 and 31 - 'God created mankind in his own image..... God saw all that He had made and it was very good.'
We believe God desires relationship with everyone, He loves us and wants us to live complete and whole lives. He gave his son, Jesus Christ in order for us to be saved, and live in wholeness and abundance.
John 3:16 - 'For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son'
John 10:10 - 'I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.'
ID Prison Ministry envisage having staff and volunteers working in many prisons, sharing the love of Christ through a practical and empowering range of activities and counselling, releasing people from the cycle of re-offence, and seeing ex-offenders positively re-integrated into society.
In addition, we want to develop our ministry to include a preventative aspect, using ex-offenders to share their stories and experiences of prison-life in order to impact those who may be at risk of receiving a prison sentence otherwise.
Finally, longer term, we would love to have a 'Through The Gate' service, where we are able to mentor and assist prisoners in the re-integration process, including providing housing for ex-offenders.
- To encourage and support christian offenders in their faith in Jesus Christ.
- To see all prisoners, regardless of faith empowered to change their lives with a new hope for the future.
- To see all prisoners, regardless of faith successfully and productively re-integrated into society.
- To see family life restored.
- To see a lower re-offending rate.
- We believe that every life matters, every life is precious and every life counts.
- We offer our courses and services to all, regardless of ethnicity, race, colour or faith.
- We believe in a spirit of excellence, aim to do all things well, and to offer the best that we can in every situation.
- We aim to love and serve all, and to give the time required to each person that we work with so that they might know their value and worth as a precious individual.
Ephesians 1 - Msg version
3-6 How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He’s the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ. Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ.
11-12 It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.